Tuesday 25 August 2009

Sent SMS

This morning I checked again if the SIM was still usefull and found it had already been cancelled. Since I can't use the SIM anymore I assumed the real owner had ordered AT&T to cancel the SIM.

Then, if the owner of the lost iPhone contacted AT&T to cancel the SIM, it's highly probable he/she has already requested a new SIM (and probably maintaining the phone number). So, if the owner got a new SIM with the same number I can contact him now!

I just sent an SMS to the phone number I discovered yesterday:
"We have your lost iPhone. See http://foundiphoneinvenice.blogspot.com/". I hope he/she gets it and contacts me back.

UPDATE 26 aug 2009 18:30: Called the number and got an AT&T voice: "the number is unavailable". I may need to keep trying until the owner gets the number active again.